Jet Ski Retailers
- The water area from the yellow buoy at the end of Vetch’s reef to the beach is a wake free zone.
- Although 29mg radios were stipulated VHF radios are acceptable. Whilst cell phones are a good additional safety feature they are no substitute.
- All DTD and KZN numbers (this applies to current members of the DSBC) will be re-inspected and S numbers issued. This must be completed by mid March. To make life easy we will arrange an inspection day and boats that arrived on that day would be inspected free of charge. The only cost would be the pink forms—-cost around R80, plus Port Captains fees of R135. The date will be notified. Also note that if you have your boat inspected outside the free day the safety officer will charge you a fee of R300.
- Until further notice retailers would not do demos on a weekend, and those jet skis that are less than 3 metre (they don’t qualify as a fishing type ski) cannot be demonstrated at Vetch’s, as they are a fun craft. The retailers are to do demos mid week and only with prior arrangements in writing with the DSBC management. We will be accommodating.
- The practice of leaving Jet Skis unattended on the shore zone is to cease——–all craft to be trailered and removed from the zone, once they have returned from fishing.
- A focus committee consisting of Fritz, Matthew, and Allan is now in place and they will spearhead to new safety initiative. Fritz and Matthew will also serve on the main DSBC committee that meets once a month.
- All visiting craft that are registered with a NDSAA club are to report to the tower. The boat must be inspected and the guest is to be taken through a protocol procedure. Fritz and Co to establish check list, and make it available in hard copy format. The visiting skipper is to sign it.
- There will be a very evident presence of DSBC safety officers on all weekends. They are to be issued with yellow T shirts, embroided “DSBC Safety Officer” They will also be given blue DSBC shorts.
- Visiting craft that are not affiliated will be inspected, and given the protocol procedure. They will pay R250 before launching.
- All skippers to radio the DSBC tower on Channel 19 (29mg) or Channel 8 if on VHF. Please identify the channel being used. Example: This is Jet Ski S667 calling on VHF channel 8, do you receive?
You might also like
Dragon Alliance NFX Ski Goggles, Jet/Green Ion + Yellow Blue Ion
Sports (Dragon Alliance)
Sangu Hole Hard Back Shell Case / Cover for Ipad Mini